Modis Life Science is now looking for a formulation scientist for a consulting assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. The assignment will initially run for 12 months with start in march 2020. Apply by sending your CV+cover letter no later than january 17th. Interviews are held continuously.
Do you have experience within formulation and biophysical characterization of biomolecules and enjoy working in the lab? Are you interested in working with a broad array of molecules and formulations in the pharmaceutical product development area? We are looking for you that are a formulation chemist with experience of biomolecule characterization.
AstraZeneca is now seeking two Formulation Scientists to join our New Modality Clinical Formulation and Bioscience team within the Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) function that is part of Pharmaceutical Sciences at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg, Sweden.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you´re our kind of person.
Pharmaceutical Sciences at AstraZeneca delivers the therapies of the future through scientific leadership in drug delivery, design of synthetic routes, and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and drug products. Our portfolio of projects spans traditional small molecules, peptides, oligonucleotides to RNA based therapeutics across AstraZeneca´s therapy areas. Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) resides within Pharmaceutical Sciences with a mission to provide novel products to AstraZeneca´s clinical pipeline.
As a Scientist working in the clinical development phase within ADD you will support drug projects from a formulation perspective, from candidate drug nomination over Phase 2 clinical trials. You will focus on various oligonucleotides projects, delivering formulations to toxicology studies and supporting formulation development. You will work as a member of cross-functional pharmaceutical project teams and in close collaboration with other analysts, formulators, chemists and biologists at AstraZeneca in Sweden, UK and US.
Preferably, you should be experienced in formulation chemistry as well as working in pharmaceutical development. You should possess an enthusiasm for laboratory-based work, be flexible and have a problem-solving mind-set.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support drug development projects, such as toxicology and stability studies.
- Perform essential characterization of the formulations e.g. pH, density, viscosity and osmolality.
- Development and validation of biophysical characterization methods.
- Generate, evaluate and report data clearly and reliably.
- Prepare documentation and formal reports in accordance with current standard procedures.
- Give formulation support to scientific initiatives on new technologies/processes together with specialists and/or technology networks.
- Work as a member of cross-functional drug development project teams.
- MSc degree in a relevant scientific discipline relevant to formulation science (e.g., chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, surface & colloid chemistry or equivalent qualifications).
- Basic knowledge of analytical methodologies such spectrometry and biophysical characterization techniques.
- Understanding of principles and applications of Good Laboratory Practices (GMP/GLP).
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- 3+ years of industrial experience of formulation work of biomolecules in clinical drug development phase.
- An interest in exploratory formulation work related to complex molecules and new technologies.