Junior Labbtekniker till AstraZeneca i Göteborg
MODIS Life Science söker nu en labbtekniker för ett konsultuppdrag på AstraZeneca i Göteborg. Uppdraget är beräknat att starta i november och pågår fram till 2020-12-31. Skicka in din ansökan senast 17 oktober.
About the assignment
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
We are now looking to hire a Laboratory Technician / Junior Research Scientist within Discovery Sciences Chemistry. Placement for this role is Gothenburg, Sweden. This is a temporary position, lasting until 2020-12-31.
In your role as a laboratory technician / junior research scientist you will be part of the iLAB team which focusses on the exploration and implementation of new synthetic methodologies and automation technologies and their application in drug discovery. Your key task will be to support senior synthesis and analytical chemists in their day-to-day job. You will be responsible for collecting reagents and chemicals from the stock room, preparing stock solutions from purified and dried down screening compounds, making buffer solutions for HPLC purification and alike. After a thorough introduction you will use various types of automated laboratory equipment for your daily tasks. You will also be involved in setting up an automated chemical reagent storage and supply.
If you are a highly motivated person looking forward to being on the feet rather than sitting on a chair and are not afraid of receiving varying tasks, then you are our kind of person.
- Collect and weigh out chemicals and reagents from local storage
- Prepare stock solutions of final screening compounds
- Plan, prioritise and perform given tasks
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to allow timely delivery of screening compounds to projects
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Record all data and results in specified forms with accuracy and responsibility
- Minimum high school graduation with main focus on natural sciences but ideally a degree in chemistry, chemistry engineering, biology or equivalent
- Ability to prioritise and perform tasks independently and to work under pressure
- Work effectively in teams
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Vid frågor, kontakta email@example.com