Modis Life Science is looking for a consultant for an assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. This assignment will initially run until end of year with a chance of extension. Send your application no later than September 17th. For questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Discovery Sciences, Translational Genomics department is looking for an senior research scientist to be part of our in vivo physiology discipline within the Transgenic Models team. This position is based at the AstraZeneca R&D site in Gothenburg, Sweden and we are seeking a scientific and technical specialist in the animal in vivo physiology field. As a successful candidate you are experimentally focused, with strong troubleshooting skills and make significant contributions to the practical delivery of projects related to murine in vivo experimentation. You will have good social and communication skills, be collaborative and be a strong team player. Candidates should be able to work independently and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude. Good organizational skills are required and you should be comfortable in presenting your results. Excellent English is required, both spoken and written.
• Work in the in vivo physiology discipline with full engagement with stakeholders to ensure the discipline operates at the scientific forefront, using world leading technologies and infrastructure to support all core disease areas
- Support projects and studies and ensure that they are conducted with quality, dedication and data delivered according to stipulated time lines and project requirements
- Compile, interpret, present and discuss data with key project teams and stakeholders
- Actively promote the in vivo physiology discipline activities to ensure visibility in the wider AstraZeneca organization
- Hands on activity in the lab when required for timely project progression
The following skills would be an advantage:
• Experience in metabolic phenotyping platforms and analysis of metabolic function in mouse models e.g. performing indirect calorimetry and intraperitoneal glucose tolerance tests (IPGTT) to diagnose metabolic function in genetically-engineered mice, phenotyping platforms such as hyperinsulinemic-euglycemic clamps.
- Expertise in the characterization of transgenic animal models
Minimum Requirements –Education and Experience
You should have a relevant scientific degree or corresponding experience in a relevant scientific discipline. Relevant experience in drug discovery would be an advantage.